Flippa is an online marketplace for selling and buying websites. In this tutorial, we will be looking into how we can make money with Flipping Websites.
Flippa is a marketplace for buying and selling websites, domain names and iOS apps, based in Melbourne, Australia, and San Francisco.
Flippa was founded by Mark Harbottle and Matt Mickiewicz as the SitePoint Marketplace and was spun off as a separate website in June 2009. By 2015, it had traded more than $140 million in websites, domains, and mobile apps.
By 2015, it had traded more than $140 million in websites, domains, and mobile apps.
Make Money Flipping Websites Tips
If you have been playing online for long and into Website flipping, Flippa is one name that you must have heard of. The flippa is a website and a domain flipping website. In simple word, you can Sell website and buy a website from Flippa.
In fact, a flipping website has become a lucrative line of work, where you create a nice or brand site for a couple of months and then you sell it at a high price.
Though in this post I will not cover how to create profitable sites on Flippa as you can learn about it here, In this tutorial we will be looking into how we can sell website using Flippa.
The Flippa is one such Web site providing an active marketplace for both Buyers and Sellers. Many Bloggers who either stop blogging due to personal or professional reasons, usually use Flippa to sell their site.
1. Choose a topic you are passionate about. You need to be passionate about the subject your website focuses on.
If you launch a website about something that you don’t care about, you will lose interest very quickly and inevitably stop working on it.
2. Think about your long-term business model.
To make your website successful you should do a lot of research beforehand.
Try to find the answers to the following questions:
- Who are your direct competitors?
- How do your competitors make money?
- How will your website make money?
- How can you make your website stand out from others?
- How long will it take to monetize your website?
3. Choose a domain name that is relevant to your topic and appeals to your target audience.
A good domain name is an essential part of branding your blog. Choose .COM as your domain extension because it looks more professional.
4. Choose a reliable paid host like Hostgator, Bluehost or anyone that might suit your needs.
5. You need to make your website’s design and layout look very professional.
Believe it or not but first-time visitors will make a judgment about your website within first 10 seconds of loading, so you need to make sure that your website’s design appeals to them and they like it.
How To Monetize:
1. Register your website on flippa.com. Flippa works on bidding model, the highest bidder gets the ownership of the website.
2. Set the bid price of your website 15 times greater than the current monthly income of your site.
For e.g. If your site is earning $500 per month then you can set the basic selling bid price of your site to at least $7500.
3. Start the auction and wait for bids. People will start bidding for purchasing your site.
Once you receive the bid that satisfies your target selling price, then finalize the deal with the bidder.
4. Flippa.com will manage all the payment and other technical stuff for you and you’ll receive your commissions via your selected payment method.
Flippa Is Suitable For People:
- Who like to develop websites.
- Who love to sell website.
- Who want to buy/sell websites and domains.
Minimum Skills Required For Flipping Websites:
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress platform
- Knowledge about website creation.
Time Required For Creating & Flipping Websites:
Depends on the expertise of the developer in website creation.
Though these are basic tips which will aid you to sell website or blog and make some handsome money via flipping. I hope all these tips help you to list and Sell your online property on Flippa with Great success.
I’ve bought websites on Flippa for nearly a year now and actually been quite successful doing so, however, my first purchase was an absolute tragedy.
Buying a website on Flippa is not like something you buy from your nearest Walmart and don’t have to think twice.
Buying a website on Flippa is not like something you buy from your nearest Walmart and don’t induce to think twice.
Be aware because these options are not entirely real.
Sometimes people manifest their product (just like anything else on the internet) in such a manner that if you buy them only by judging their face value, without a thorough knowledge of the kind of business you’re dealing with, there is a possibility that you will simply get robbed.